Monday, March 23, 2009

Mojo Monday 79

It is that time again for Mojo Monday. As always the sketch was fantastic. Here is my take on the sketch:


I started by choosing my patterned paper. This is from a 12x12 paper pad by My Mind's Eye, that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. I thought the scallops in the paper would compliment the scalloped edges throughout the card. I can't seem to complete a card without adding scallops?! I just love 'em! I matted the patterned paper with cardstock and added a scallop border using one of my new ek success border punches. Then I stamped my focal image using ancient page chocolate, and cut it out using a long nestability. I colored in the flower using twinkling h20's. I had a hard time finding a coloring medium that matched the papers that I chose. This was the closest I could find, and it adds a little sparkle as well when using these and who doesn't love sparkles! After coloring I matted this with a scallop long rectangle nestability. After attaching the layers to the yellow paper, I attached the ribbon to the back of the yellow layer. This is a ribbon I purchased at Joann's, it is one of the little spools that they sell for $1. Now it was time to stamp the sentiment, I chose a thank you stamp from Amuse. I definately used my stamp-a-ma-jig to align this sentiment. Then I added a striped making memories flower brad that I picked up this weekend at Target. They recently stocked up their scrapbooking supplies with some fun new stuff! Lastly, I added a scallop corner. This is a punch by ek success. Speaking of punches....after I completed this card and was watching tv I heard a crash in my scrapbooking space. My husband and I looked at each other and immediately went into the other room, only to find that my curtain rod had fallen down and my beloved punches were everywhere. I had my curtain rod attached to some rails that were already up that hold up shelving that I have in my room, so it wasn't as sturdy as it would have been attached directly to the wall. So...lesson learned?! oh yeah. I piled up my punches and I will be fixing my curtain rod tomorrow night. :(




Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment