Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mojo76

It's time to get your Mojo on again. It is Mojo Monday Sketch #76 this week, and with it being the first sketch of the month it is contest time as well. The lucky winner will receive a Verve set!! And with a new release tomorrow from Verve stamps, who would not want to enter this contest?! Here is the sketch for Mojo76:

And here is what I did with the sketch!


I have found myself gearing toward the plain and simple cards lately. I like that the card focuses on the main image, and it looks crisp. I started out by coloring the stamped image and cutting it out and embossing it with the nestabilities. Then, I cut out the largest square nestability and embossed that as well. I added piercing around the edge and adhered it to the base. For the center panel, I decided to leave it plain because I chose I decorative ribbon. I decided on this ribbon because the swiss dots complimented the piercing throughout the card. After attaching the main image with pop dots, I punched out the tiny butterflies and added a gemstone to make them pop a little. Lastly, I added piercing at the bottom with my sentiment. I definitely used my stamp-a-ma-jig for alignment of the sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamps: Inkadinkado, Hero Arts


Paper: Gina K Luxury White Cardstock


Coloring Tools: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Copic Markers: BG10 Cool Shadow, BG23 Coral Sea, B00 Frost Blue, B02 Robin's Egg Blue, Y11 Pale Yellow, Y15 Cadmium Yellow, RV34 Dark Pink, RV11 Pink, V01 Heath, V15 Mallow, Y38 Honey, YG03 Yellow Green, Colorless Blender;


Accessories & Tools: Hero Arts Gemstones, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, RibbonFX, Square Nestabilities, Paper Piercer, Stamp-a-ma-jig


Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful. Clean and crisp. I love cards like this. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling. Love all the white space - and the cute little butterflies. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the texture you created with the white...and there is still lots of detail with the embossing and piercing...super!!!

    ReplyDelete