Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!







Well, yesterday was my birthday...so I decided to make myself a card using my favorite things.


I love pink, so I of course needed to use pink! I also love paisleys, so I had picked this patterned paper up at my lss a few days ago and thought it would be perfect! To keep the paisleys flowing I broke out my paisley embossing folder by sizzix.


The focal image is my favorite birthday cake stamp. It from Gina K's Make a Wish stamp set. It is so fun to color, and I love adding sparkles to the flames of the candles. I colored it in using my copic markers which I have grown to love! I also added some detail using a white gel pen.


I cut out the focal image using my nestabilities and embossed it as well. Now I nearly had a heart attack after I took the image out of the cuttlebug and noticed that the image moved on me when I was making my die cut sandwich. After all of that work coloring, I biffed it...so I decided to line it up again and try to re-emboss it. I figured I didn't have much to lose if it didn't work. To my suprise it did work!! I was so excited!!!! Then I used my sponge dauber and sponged on some blue.


I also LOVE punches so I had to choose some to use. I wanted to add a photo corner, so I punched out the scallop corner by ek success and then punched out the SU photo corner. The smaller photo corner fit just perfectly, then I pierced it to have it coordinate with the border punch I used.


Next for the three brads I added these hero arts circles that I had picked up at archivers. They just add a little bit of fun color to the card.


Now it was time for the ribbon, don't you just love ribbon by American Crafts. It is just the best, the colors, designs, and the texture is just so nice! I love it, so I used it! :)


My last favorite thing that I used was a card sketch! I love using sketches, they just give me a jump start to a card. They really inspire me! This sketch is from Stamp TV. If you haven't checked out Stamp TV, you should go right now! They have weekly challenges and great prizes! If you are the lucky winner (chosen randomly) you are able to chose a set of your choice from Gina K. designs! I was lucky to have won once already!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love the card, can't wait to see who wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Happy Birthday a day late! Your card is so pretty! What did you buy yourself for a gift to go with it? lol! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete