Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gina K Release Challenge

Gina K. had her latest release a couple of days ago. If you haven't seen her new stamp sets be sure to go and check them out! In addition to the release of the stamp sets she also has included two more colors in her cardstock collection! I absolutely LOVE her cardstock! The white is excellent for coloring with copic markers, it's smooth and SOO thick!! The rest of the colors are wonderful also, very heavy weight and give your card a sturdy base!


Anywho. As part of the release party there were three challenges posted over at SCS, and a participant would be chosen randomly to win a free set. This card is for a challenge to make a masculine card. I thought this would work for men who enjoy gardening.


I colored the tomato from Summer Harvest using Asela's coloring tutorial. Then I cut out and embossed the image with square nestabilities. I then matted it with brown cardstock. Next I cut out a piece of green cardstock and embossed it using the cuttlebug folder: diamonds in the rough. I also matted this with brown cardstock. I added some brown twill ribbon to the bottom and tied it with twine. The background patterned paper I used is from Chatterbox. For the sentiment I stamped it in memento rich cocoa and punched it out using the oval punch from SU. Then I punched out a green 1 1/8 inch circle, and a brown designer label punch (SU). I glued the pieces together and added a brad on each side, then attached it to the card with pop dots.


That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment