Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Golf Birthday Card





It’s my brother’s birthday tomorrow, and as you can tell he is a golfer. Since this is a masculine card I kept it pretty simple, but added some fun details for this one. For the grass I first colored the green with copic markers to add some shading, and then I used my quickie glue pen and applied glue to the whole image. I sprinkled on green fun flock and presto my grass was fuzzy. For the golf balls I colored over them with the sakura clear glaze pen to make them shiny. For the golf ball embellishment I embossed my white paper with the cb folder and then punched it out with the 1 inch circle. To make it shiny I pressed it into the versamark ink pad and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I added some piercing around the focal image and in between all of the strips of patterned paper. The brads are from a local scrapbook store, but I noticed they are in the Oriental Trading Company scrapbook catalog. I think the only detail I missed was the cardstock I used, it is all from GKD.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: