Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Exploring New Colors

Supplies: Stamps: Hero Arts Today and Always Cling Stamp Ink: Memento Dandelion and London Fog markers Paper: House of 3: Trellis, Bazzill Flintstone and Coconut Swirl, yellow was from scraps Accessories: SU scallop edge punch, pewter pearl gems, Janome sewing machine, Offray pewter ribbon, slot punch, Rectangle Nestabilities

I just love sketch challenges. I don't have a lot of time to stamp, and sketches give me that first stepping stone to get my card started. I am able to find stamps, embellishments, etc. that will work for the sketch and off I go! This is SC323.


So I went a little bit out of my comfort zone for color on this one, but I saw the paper at Archiver's and thought I would give it a try! I really like this color combo! Thankfully the paper was double sided, and that worked out great for this challenge! I also broke out the sewing machine!! I needed to do something to jazz up the seams of this card, and I even had some grey thread! It was meant to be! I did some practice runs, and went for it! I love the look of sewing on a card! If I was able to keep my machine out, and remember how to wind bobbins, and all of the other steps to get ready to use the machine, I would probably use it more often! :) I also wanted to try something different to embellish the focal sentiment. I have been seeing the double layer border punched edges on cards, so I thought that would be fun to try. Glad I did! Sometimes it is hard to step out of my comfort zone, but it is fun to try new things too! Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Gosh Terri, you just get better and better! Beautiful card, dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the colors, it just yells fun!
    Love the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card... love all the elements! Your stitching is the perfect addition to this great sketch! Beautiful work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Terri!! I like the colors!! I wish I could stitch!! Maybe I need to practice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the color combo. Your stitching looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete