Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lots of Squares Sketch

Supplies: Stamps: GK Spring Mix and Framed Flowers Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Tuxedo Black Paper: white and burgundy cardstock Accessories: SU bitty flower punch and scallop square punch, Martha Stewart flourish anywhere punch, scallop square punch, eyelet, cropodile, pop dots, grosgrain ribbon

The sketch on Stamp TV has lots of squares! I wasn't going to attempt it because I thought what in the world am I going to do with this to make it CAS. I don't know if this is CAS or not, but I used a ton of my punches which is always good. I have soo many! I started by punching the anywhere flourish punch. I thought it looks spectacular just like that...but I had to add three more squares! I noticed there was a scallop square look to the center of the flourish so I punched out three of those. Then I needed to add something to the center of those punched squares. I used the Martha scallop square and SU itty bitty flower punch to dress up the side squares, and added a sentiment to the third square on the right. There was a lot of white space in the center so I added some thin grosgrain ribbon. This was something that I never would have attempted on my own, but I kinda like it. I think it looks like a patchwork quilt. Thanks for looking!





3 comments:

  1. That Martha Stewart anywhere flourish punch is just gorgeous and your scallop punches go so nice with it too. Great card and I think it looks like a quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! II totally love this!!!! It's beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Terri, not only is your design awesome the colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete