Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh What Fun!


 Wow, what a fun day yesterday was with all of the CAS challenges for the Fourth of July.  I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday, it was a hot and sunny day here!  We enjoyed our new patio!  We were grillin' and chillin' yesterday!  We deserve it after all of that work! :) I lifted every single one of those 130 blocks...more than once!  It was a long day, but it is so wonderful!  We expanded quite a bit and now we can actually fit enough lawn chairs for visitors! :)  And soon we will be getting a gas grill which will sit next to the door to the garage. 
 On to the cards...

Supplies: Stamps: Lockhart and Stampendous  Paper: red white and blue cardstock  Ink: tuxedo black  Accessories: corner rounder, swiss dots cuttlebug folder, martha stewart ribbon, small gem, crystal effects, nestabilities, copic markers, dimensionals.

I will be sharing my cards that I made for the challenges throughout the week.  I ended up making 12 cards in one day?!  What a mess I had (I just finished cleaning up the mess today!)  This card was for an inspiration challenge, picture at the left.  Details that are hard to see in the picture are the tiny gem in the center of the star.  And I used crystal effects on the cherry.


Supplies: Stamps: Stampendous  Paper: not quite navy, real red, white  Ink: tuxedo black  Accessories: sizzix flag die cut, star gem, tiny red gems, white gel pen, smal star punch, twine, gingham ribbon.
This card was for the challenge flag fun.  You could chose any flag for inspiration.  I chose our flag as you can see, I think this is the first time I've used this die cut!  I knew I was saving it for a reason! :)  On the tag I colored in the stars with a white gel pen and then added tiny red gems in the center of each star.  I also colored my twine with a copic marker to get it to match my card. 

That's all for now!  You have a couple more days to play along with the challenges!  Remember you have the opportunity to become a CAS guest designer if you participate! :) 

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Your cards are awesome - love the 'window' card, and the cupcake is so yummy!!! Your yard is beautiful, Terri! You are the woman, lifting all those blocks! Wowzers... One of these days I'm going to figure out how to do the SCS challenges! lol... Hugs :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are spectacular ! Love your patio and 12 cards in one day HOLY COW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Terri.. perfect for the 4th celebration. Your patio looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete