Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day


Supplies: Stamps: Thinking of Father, Sanded Background   Paper: early espresso, ivory  Ink: crumb cake, soft suede, early espresso  Accessories: SU button, GKD ribbon, Crystal Effects, twine, distressing tool, sponge
My Mom was going to sell this set at a rummage sale and I snatched it up.  Love the vintage look to this set.  I started out with a piece of ivory cardstock, and stamped it with the Sanded background stamp in crumb cake.  Next I stamped the focal image in soft suede, and the sentiment in early espresso.  I inked up my twine ribbon with early espresso to make it more rustic looking.  Then I used my distressing tool to distress the edges.  I inked the edges with crumb cake first then added some soft suede for more dimension.  I attached the ribbon with one of the new SU buttons using twine.  I added crystal effects to the lenses of the glasses and clock face, here is a close up to see the shine.


It was fun to distress, once I start I just keep going...  So here's to a Happy Father's Day!

Terri

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, Terri! Great masculine card. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful masculine card and Father's Day card. I love that set; sadly mine has never seen ink.
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you snatched it up! Great set... makes for a great card!

    ReplyDelete