Tuesday, August 6, 2013

42 Cards in 7 Days...

I completed all 42 challenges on SCS, whew!  Here are my entries for Day 2 of challenges.

 Supplies: Paper: black, orange, and white cardstock  Accessories: Papertrey ghost die cut, googlie eyes, ribbon, Sizzix square scallop die.

This is a pretty simple card.  I just love that little ghost, and who doesn't love googlie eyes!

 Supplies: Paper: early espresso, crumb cake, white, scraps Ink: Memento tuxedo black and love letter, soft suede Stamps: Lawn Fawn  Accessories: Lawn Fawn die cuts, owl punch, bird punch, brayer, Paper Studio wood grain embossing folder

My owl punch finally made it's debut after way to long.  Sometimes I think I enjoy this hobby for the shopping more than the crafting!  I inked up the wood grain folder with soft suede ink and ran it through the big shot. 
 Supplies: Stamps: Create a Cupcake  Ink: Memento tuxedo black, versamark  Paper: black and white cardstock, Doodlebug flower paper  Accessories: modern label punch, ribbon, Cuttlebug embossing folder, filigree brad, brayer, clean embossing powder

How cute is that purse?!  I found this card, and followed her directions on how to make this clutch.  She even has a larger one made out of the top note die, I will have to try that out too!  I used a different embossing folder and ribbon on mine. 
 Supplies: Stamps: Technique Tuesday Paper: white and red cardstock Ink: Memento love letter Accessories: Memory Box die cut

Another super simple card.  Love letter is a wonderful red ink if you haven't tried it, you should!

 Supplies: Stamps: Gina K  Ink: Memento tuxedo black  Paper: white and lavender cardstock  Accessories: Quickutz embossing folder, lavender satin ribbon, gem, flower tutorial, 2 inch glue dot

The flower is the beauty on this card.  I followed this tutorial to create it.  I didn't have the sticky sheet like she used, so I used a large glue dot.  This must not be nearly as thick as the sticky sheet or I over did it with the heat gun.  My glue dot melted and I had to keep pushing the ribbon back together to keep the flower formation.  I also thought I could have adhered my glue dot to the cardstock circle prior to applying the heat as well, I used the little sheet that the glue dot comes on.  And I chose this embossing folder because I thought it framed my flower well. 

That's it for day 2, stop by again as I will be posting the remaining cards from these challenges.

Thanks for stopping by!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment